The poems and stories in this collection were selected with the reader’s grandchildren in mind. “The Raggedy Man” and “Little Orphant Annie,” both by James Whitcomb Riley, the Hoosier Poet were favorites of the reader when she was a child on a farm in Indiana. Other favorites were picked up along the way as she read to her own daughter and to her students, while other gems were discovered while looking for poems and stories to include in this collection. It is hoped that this collection will bless the hearts of many children and parents alike as they listen together.
1. The Raggedy Man by James Whitcomb Riley
2. The Worm by Ralph Bergengren
3. My Shadow by Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
5. The Duel (The Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat) by Eugene Field
6. I’m Nobody! Who Are You? By Emily Dickenson
7. Can’t by Edgar Guest
8. The Things that Haven’t Been Done Before by Edgar Guest
9. My Kingdom by Robert Louis Stevenson
10. The Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Carroll
11. The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear
12. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
13. The Kind Old Man by James Whitcomb Riley
14. Only a Dad by Edgar Guest
15. What a Baby Costs by Edgar Guest
16. The Wind by Robert Louis Stevenson
17. At the Seaside by Robert Louis Stevenson
18. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod by Eugene Field
19. Bed in Summer by Robert Louis Stevenson
20. My Bed is a Boat by Robert Louis Stevenson
21. Little Orphant Annie by James Whitcomb Riley
22. The Creation by James Weldon Johnson
23. Genesis 1:1-2:3 KJV
24. All Things Bright and Beautiful by Cecil Frances Alexander
Click here for an alternate link to listen to Grandma Janice's Poems and Stories. Some computers may play recordings more readily from this link.
I have thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed the LibriVox.org website and the support it gave me to carry out the above project.
Other shorter projects I have completed on LibriVox can be heard at my personal page in the Librivox catalog.